May 29, 2012

Finished At Last!

Finally I have managed to finish some of the classes that I did at the Scrapstars Retreat back in April. These first 2 LO’s (1 of which is THE only thing I did finish at the retreat!) are both classes taught by the very talented Emma Trout. I love her style and was excited to have 2 classes with her. The amount of fussy cutting in each of the classes was phenomenal but well worth the efforts. Emma had us cutting out elements from the Websters Pages papers that I hadn’t even noticed where there. Lesson No.1 – look closer at the papers and take in all the detail!

So, first up is this page (the one I finished at the retreat) using the In Love range from Websters Pages. These photo’s are almost 20 years old! I haven’t changed a bit have I . . lol

ETCLASS1 

So many layers and elements on the page:

EMTCLASS1a

Next up  is the class using the Game On range from Websters Pages. I didnt have the right photo’s to finish this at the retreat so it was put on hold while I dug through all my old photo’s to find ones of my boys when they were wee. I came up with these two random snap shots of the boys together and I really like how they fit this LO.

B&B

B&B2

I really enjoyed both classes and now have the urge to try some LO’s of my own using Emma’s style of piecing together so many small elements to make a stunning page.

Next up is the class which was taught by the lovely Kirsty Wiseman. It looks just like an ordinary LO right ? Wrong! Its actually a mini album on a LO. We were told in advance what type of photo’s would suit this class so I purposely took my family out on a photo shoot to get some group photo’s. We had such a ball up at Banba’s Crown in Malin Head. Our photo shoot didn’t quite work out as planned but then it wouldn’t be us if it did! The photo’s I got from that day are fab. I love them all for different reasons. The portrait one of us all sits proudly on the front while inside are some more fab photo’s and a few fun ones too! We even managed a group photo with the Labs!

family-1

The main cover opens up to the first of many hidden pages:

family-2

Again more openings:

family-3

It just keeps growing! I love the fun pics of Eugene and I that Amy took. It was suppose to be a serious portrait of the two of us but Eugene wouldn't be Eugene unless he was messing about. The face pulling, the tickling and laughing. He tickled me so hard I slipped down off the bank flat onto my bum . . lol  we had such great fun and it shows in the photo’s. Amy did a great job of taking them too x

family-4

The pocket contains most of my journaling detailing the date and location and a few other bits of info from the day.

family-5

We even managed a photo with all the labs although only Coco-Bean looks like she was enjoying having her photo taken! She's the one on the left with Tony x

family-6

Well, thats half of the classes done! I still have a home decor piece to finish as well as a few mini albums. Did I mention already that I loved the retreat ?  . . .  lol x

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Dee what a busy little beaver you have been. Your wedding layout is stunning. I love the vintage style you have chosen. Looks so classy. Love the boys LO so much fun and those little pictures you have added are so cute. Such a beautiful family mini album Dee. The colours are perfect. You can treasure this forever. You are such a talented lady hun. Pop over to my blog lovely as I have a candy (£20 voucher) for one of my followers. All you need to do is add a comment to the post. Big hugs to all at Temple Moyle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful layouts and well doen finishing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow,Dee! You have been so busy! Your layouts are beautiful and so beautifully finished off. It was such a pleasure to meet you...just wished you lived closer ;) I absolutely love the photos you added for Kirsty's class too :)

    Let me know if you get cutting again. I would love to see what you create.
    Take care Dee, hope to meet you again some time,
    Em xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)