May 11, 2012

Star Pupil . . . . The April House Challenge

Yes, I am still blogging about layouts I did back in April.  Its called ‘catching up’  . . lol  Im getting there slowly.

This layout was my entry to the April House Challenge. Using the sketch provided was the only criteria. I really like the simplicity of the sketch and stuck pretty much to the original design.

April2012-SketchbytheBBs

This photograph of Joe was taken back  in 2007. Joe had achieved amazing results in his 11+ exam and left primary school with a glowing report and we wanted to reward him for all his hard work so we asked him to chose something as a treat. He chose a days Falconry Course which was actually pretty hard to organise as so many companies who run these type of courses didn’t allow children under 16!  Anyhow, we did find  one in Yorkshire and the guys there were fantastic!  At the end of the day each student got to hold Crystal the resident Golden Eagle but as Joe was so small he couldn’t manage to hold her single handed and they had to use a wooden post to prop up his hand (you can see him holding it in place with his free hand!). There was a guy on standby just outside of the shot to take the bird the minute the photo was taken!  It was worth all the effort though as I absolutely love this photo.

Star-Pupil 
I made the rosette from an old chipboard piece and gave it a revamp with some acrylic paintSP-cu-1
The edges of the patterned paper were punched and the outer border is made up of lots of punched circles . . .   all the papers coming from my scraps box!

SP-cu-2
The photo is matted onto several pieces of paper all set at an angle and held together with a paper clip:
SP-cu-3
I was very pleased when my layout was voted the house winner by my fellow Red Ribbon House members!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment I do appreciate it :)